The growth of on-demand food delivery apps has completely changed the food industry. Mobile apps like DoorDash, Grubhub, Zomato, and UberEATS offer full convenience and accessibility to consumers when it comes to ordering food online. According to us, if the market in online food delivery apps keeps increasing, then it will exceed the offline food delivery market within a few years.
How does this Food Delivery App On Demand work?
At first, as a business or entrepreneur, it wants to partner with restaurants so that a variety of cuisines can be made accessible to consumers. Then both the business and restaurants will build the mobile app Food Delivery.
For the app, the App’s home screen will display all the restaurants available depending on the location of the device. The user needs to validate the order by paying for it after choosing the restaurant and the meal. The restaurant crew is informed after the effective payment. The profit margin shall be divided between the app owner and the restaurant owner upon completion of the order and delivery of the food product to the customer at the scheduled time. A step-by-step guide to creating a Food Mobile App Aggregator is seen in a more detailed way below.
Food Delivery Mobile App – User Panel
After successfully downloading and installing the app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store, customers have to go through the login and registration tab.
- Login: By social integration of Facebook, Gmail, or just a single OTP confirmation on the user’s mobile number this process can be made easy.
- Location: The list of available restaurants is displayed with all the minute information, based on the location of the user. The map can also be browsed by users to pick their favorite locations.
- Homepage: This screen will show all the restaurant lists available nearby. The home screen needs to be clean as setting up a lot of things/objects and showing them in a sophisticated or utilizing hi-fi technology will confuse the consumer, which can be a big turn off.
- Menu: This is one of the main features of mobile devices with an on-demand food aggregator. In this screen, after selecting any specific restaurant, the specifics of the available menus will be shown to the user in a clear way, such as names, dish photos, contact no, user feedback, estimated delivery time, etc., so that the user does not get confused by overlapping parts.
- Set pickup on the Map-Allow GPS or start typing your address, the device recognizes the exact location. You can set the location of your pick up on the map.
- Cart Section: This section is for handling requests for orders before payment is made. The consumer should be able to increase or decrease the count of foods by simply clicking on a plus or minus button. Total cost with all tax details should be displayed in a transparent manner, and the amount should be dynamically updated with changes in cart quantity.
- Payment: After that, the user will be taken to the payment page where he/she needs to confirm the order by paying through various available payment gateways. Even one can retain the cash on delivery option to make it more flexible.
- Reviews Screen: User reviews and comment sections can be included in each restaurant detail.
- Past order: This section is intended to keep track of past orders from the concerned users to facilitate the reordering.
- Deals and discounts: The app owner/restaurant can also continue to alert the user through push notifications about the latest offers and discounts of his / her favorite restaurants.
- Contact Information: Delivery agent and restaurant contact details can also be useful at times so it should be included.
- Track delivery boy -Track the delivery boy’s exact location and see him arriving in real-time. Push-notifications, the time of arrival, and the call button with one-tap.
- Search: This section is placed at the upper part of the user’s home screen and is compulsory for the on-demand food delivery application. Users can search within seconds by the name of the food and all the names of the restaurant where that dish is available, and at what price should appear.
- Refine Search- As a business or as an entrepreneur, you can also hold an option to filter items like delivery time, ratings, deals, and sort the list according to the user’s choice of a can and dropping in price terms.
Food Delivery App – Restaurant Panel
Restaurant owners will also need to go through a registration and authentication process from the app itself, and they will need to request additional paperwork for company authenticity.
- Dashboard: The users of the app are redirected to their home page, which is the dashboard after the account has been set up. Here they will keep track of the pending orders, completed orders, and those being processed for greater insight and overview of what is happening.
- Accept or decline orders: This is the most important component of on-demand food delivery apps, since delivering the food in time is a major concern. Users can cancel the order if it takes longer than the set deadline or time and it counts as a loss such delay and can leave a negative impression. Not all restaurants will provide home delivery because the app should have a slider on the restaurant account page so the owner will move from there to yes or no. There needs to be a choice from the restaurant side to confirm the order or cancel.
- Manage Restaurant Account: Every restaurant can set pictures of their restaurant, name, logo, food images, operating hours, minimum order quantity, and add all available menus along with the price and expected delivery time. They may also mention discounts for any given item from their end. This entire portion falls within the App’s profile segment.
- Payment: Users will have the option in the payment section to move the money according to their choice to banks or some other site, such as PayPal or Wallet app. Showing daily sales reports along with all of the details can also be an added touch.
Food Delivery Mobile App – Delivery Boy Panel
- Login- The Delivery boy receives login credentials from the administrator to access the application.
- Order request- When the customer places an order then the address will be the auto-assigned basis. Each order should appear with the ID of the order, the company name, and the address of the delivery. And he is going to collect all the orders from his position where he is now present. When he orders than his profile details will be presented to the customer desk, he will either approve or reject the order request.
- Delivery order- Once the order is accepted; he/she must deliver the order to the customer’s location and complete the order. The order is held with rank, i.e. ordered, packed, on the way, delivered, etc.
- Order history/logs- This allows the delivery boy to view past orders which he/she has completed. The order will show relevant information and can be filtered by date range, rank, and ID as well.
- Call / chat-When the delivery boy acknowledges the order customer will connect with Versa’s driver ‘s advice. Both have options for calling or SMS.
- COD- If the program has a COD choice in the Customer App then the Customer must receive the payment and send it to the Administrator.
- Push notifications- He will receive a push notification for any customer panel changes relating to the order put and the admin’s hand.
- Wallet / Get paid offline- For shipping the food; the admin must pay it weekly or monthly. If the delivery boy user has an in-app wallet then he can get payment in his wallet otherwise the payment will be transferred to a bank account.
- Payment withdrawal- In the case of an in-app wallet, the delivery boy may withdraw payment from a wallet in his bank account by entering the bank name, account number, or code.
- GPS monitoring- GPS tracking to identify the delivery boy’s current location.
- Online help- If the delivery boy encounters some trouble then he can connect with the support team to get immediate assistance.
- Google MAP Navigation- If approved, the delivery boy will be responsible for delivering the order so that he can display the customer address on the chart and navigate to the location through the Google map.
Advance features of the App to order food
Delivery on time and promptness will have a significant effect on business in the long term. Machine learning assists in the estimation of delivery times. The app uses other variables in the count, such as order size, location of traffic status to be shipped, and items like the drivers available.
Real-time position tracking: It is an additional feature for these food ordering applications. It’s a complicated process and as a company, it’s important to pay more for this feature but sure it will be worthy of every single penny. Users are able to monitor their order delivery on the map in real-time and can get an estimate for the same.
Restaurant owners may also monitor the delivery status and alert the customer if there is any sudden rise in traffic on the route. As an app user, one can also use the positions of real-time users to show him or her nearby restaurants within the range of the radius available. This feature helps the user to adjust the range of positions through a remote slider.
Queue algorithm: Order assignment is processed via the queue algorithm in which the device auto-detects the current location of the delivery boy and assigns it to the nearby delivery boy. The admin will set the position to which range will be protected for queuing.
Push Notifications- Push Notifications are one essential feature not to be missed by the App Developer. When the delivery has yet to come, the app will send a push notification to inform the customer of the order that has arrived. An effective order delivery notice can also be sent to the restaurant owners section once the order has been issued.
Real-time analysis panel assisted by DB technology and algorithms. This keeps you in charge of your operational data and allows you to create forecasts on time-sensitive events. You get real-time income forecasts, sales estimates, push your company by numbers, and much more with the Analytics Board.
Payment System: The app developer will add other third-party applications and utilities for the payment system just to make sure the customer will pay for something. Linking to services such as PayPal and Braintree could help make payment easier. This is also important for the Cash on Delivery option, as many would choose to pay after the product is delivered. Giving the consumer choice is easier by choosing between the domestic and foreign payment gateways.
CMS for News & Articles: Under this section, the admin will handle all related restaurant publishing and even advertise its own. The App Designer can also provide multiple features in the software and infinite possibilities. Some of the features that can be included are-
- Coupon and Vouchers for more discount
- Smartwatch extension
- Lock Screen Widgets
- Option to share in the food order Social Media
- Schedule delivery and pick up
- Check out what nearby friends are ordering
- Booking tables in nearby restaurants
Search by breakfast, lunch, evening, snacks, and dinner-The app creator will make the device easy only by displaying choices such as breakfast, lunch, evening, snacks, and dinner instead of restaurant lists nearby. The app will have various pieces, depending on the type of food and the desires of the users. For instance, a quick-food section can be hosted/prepared and delivered in a few minutes. The part of the app could be for people aware of balanced diets. After selecting the main item from the menu, choices for choosing supplementary dishes and additional drinks should be displayed to the customer. In addition, the customer can also retain an option to customize the meal. It’ll give you more.
Innovative technology and food distribution options software
Using Blockchain for food distribution app
Leveraging the growth of blockchain software. Our blockchain developers will help you create a decentralized platform for food ordering and food delivery. Both consumers can be encouraged by openness to use an open-source platform and share the revenue equally.
Chatbots to order and deliver food
Our Chatbot developers build bots for your food delivery app which can be the icing on the cake. Why? For what? Because no matter how fantastic the UI/UX is, Chatbot speeds up the on-demand services cycle in the world. A chatbot can help customers choose from the menu, order, and even with delivery and pick-up favorite dishes. Chatbot creation provides customers a unique experience of ordering food and beverages.
Inform Alexa about ordering food for you
As with Grub hub, reinvent and update your current or new food delivery app project with unique Alexa skills. Hire Alexa application developers to add Alexa skills to your mobile apps to speed up the food ordering process and estimate delivery notification time.
Required Technology Stack
It should be recalled that from the initial step of the application creation process an plan for the whole structured procedure will be drawn up. It is easier to start creating a prototype so you can have an idea from which to work.
- Payment-Netbanking, Braintree & PayPal, Stripe, EWallets
- Green cloud -AWS, Microsoft, Azure
- Android and iOS have their own development system so this is not going to be a concern.
- The business entity can use the iOS core location system and Android’s Google Location API for GPS monitoring.
- It can use MapKit for Apple devices and the Google Maps API for Android is more than enough for real-time path tracking.
- The app developer may use Foursquare ‘s API to list the restaurants according to their range or location.
- A Facebook SDK login system or just any social media login will make the registration procedure quick.
- One can rely on Amazon Cloud Storage and self-scaling web servers for storage.
- The Amazon S3 Bucket and Cloud front would be a strong choice for data backup.
- The applications developer can try Google Analytics or Mix Panel for analytics and performance comparison. The most effective approach is to make your own API for data handling from the database.
How Much Does It Cost to Develop Food Delivery Mobile Apps
Well, the cost of developing food delivery apps depends largely on the kind of functionality that you want to implement in your app. However, a simple food delivery app may cost around $12,000-$ 20,000 to give an approximate value, whereas a more sophisticated solution may go beyond $40,000.
Developers based in the USA: $50 to $250 per hour
Developers based in Eastern Europe: $30-$ 150 an hour
Developers based in India: $10-$ 80 an hour
And the below-defined calculation for your app as well (In order to create a real app with limited features and Android coding, the cost in India can be estimated on the basis of the bifurcation below of the activities involved).
Documentation (40 hours-$ 1000 to $1500)
UI / UX production (60 Hours-between $1500 and $3000)
Development at the front end and back end (400 hours-$ 7,000 to $15,000)
MVP (80 Days-$ 2000 to $4000)
Bug fixing and polishing (40 hours-$ 1000 to $2000)
One significant point to note is that developing an iOS app costs significantly less than an Android app, as it requires thorough app testing which involves an enormous amount of money. In India, for the full-stack app growth, the cost of creating an on-demand food ordering mobile app starts at as low as $10 to $80 per hour. Before launching an on-demand food delivery app, it is, therefore, necessary to conduct thorough research on the best food delivery app development company. Such in-depth research will help to know the current market and new technology available to serve this segment in order to develop an effective on-demand food ordering application.