When we talk about the framework, it’s about native apps vs hybrid apps. Here we’re talking specifically about the hybrid mobile app framework and the best ones, but before that, you might need to get used to the basic differences to really get to go.
Hybrid Mobile app frameworks make work quite easy for app developers as it’s easy to develop a single app that performs efficiently on numerous platforms like iOS, Android & windows with no extra effort. Also, there are so many advantages of the Hybrid app which include cost-effective development, access to a wide range of numerous hardware/software capabilities & probability. So, it becomes a profitable venture for the people.
The most crucial matter of this whole process is you need a high-quality & advanced mobile app development framework to build hybrid applications. So, you have to choose a mobile framework wisely. So, now let’s have a look at the best hybrid Mobile app Frameworks in 2020 on the basis of functionalities, features, and user experience.
Top 10 Best Hybrid Mobile App Frameworks in 2020
- It covers both iOS and Android Platforms
- Hybrid Application renders natively because of the reusable components.
- One can use React Native UI components to another application’s code without having to rewrite it again.
- Native Application development is much more efficient.
- You get the compatibility of a wide range of third-party plugins.
- Less usage of memory.
- Excellent responsive time
- Act as a time saver for developers
- Supports Node.Js
- Able to use the code of different native platforms.
- Provide various essential instruments to automate and accelerate development.
- Provides automatic error detection.
- Features hot deployment, meaning apps can be altered on a running server.
- React Native has certain hardware flaws.
- Navigation is somewhat complex, making the system difficult for new users to master.
Google’s Flutter is a mobile app SDK used for developing high-quality native interfaces on Android and iOS. This framework was launched in the year 2018 and works well with existing code. It is an open-source mobile application development platform and using this will help one with the benefits like foundation libraries, widgets, and more. Flutter is fast and also helps one with the development of cross-platform applications.
- It is an open-source platform
- Flutter is dart based.
- You will also be benefited from a wide range of widgets which can be customized as per the specific needs.
- It gives good competition to the React Native platform in terms of performance and responsiveness.
- It is perfect for MVP
- Easy to use Interfaces
- Open-source technology that is accessible to all interested developers.
- Real-time updates. No need to stop your product and launch it again to make changes.
- Compatible with multiple operational systems.
- Extensive choice of widgets for easy customization.
- All key features are at the developer’s fingertips.
- Like any new platform, this framework has some flaws, which are likely to be corrected in the future. For now, very few developers are willing to risk the quality of their projects for the sake of curiosity, preferring well-tested and reliable solutions.
- Apps size must be at least 4 MB.
- Absence of free advanced tools.
- Failure to quickly adapt to changes in leading operational systems.
Ionic is the most popular & favorite framework on the list for development. It is an HTML5 mobile app development framework that is designed with native-style UI elements. It is used to build hybrid mobile apps. The amazing thing about it is that Iconic has a fortune of powerful features such as mobile components, interactive paradigms, typography, and an extensible fundamental theme that makes it easier to work.
- Support for Angular material design.
- Wrapping Angular Framework.
- The Ionic framework is easily maintainable.
- Easy to read.
- Open-source & free.
- Highly reliable, due to the use of well-tested programming languages.
- Speedy development, requiring minimal additional actions on the part of the user.
- When used with AngularJS, Ionic allows complex and extraordinary applications to be created.
- App navigation is somewhat inconvenient.
- Low performance of end products compared to Native apps.
This solution has a good track record and a large community of satisfied followers. Businesses from various industries have found it useful for simplifying day-to-day operations. Xamarin framework makes it easy to create universal apps and run them on a variety of devices without sacrificing native design.
- Simplified testing.
- Support from Microsoft. The tech giant supplies advanced tools to enhance the framework.
- 70% of the codebase is suitable for cross-platform use, enabling developers to make alterations to create customized products.
- Useful platform-specific options to complement the general codebase.
- Performance is similar to native products.
- Only internal elements are supported by the platform. You may face challenges when introducing external libraries.
- Requires laborious integration.
- Costly license, which not every business can afford.
Being mobile-centric and open-source; Adobe PhoneGap framework is one of the most popular frameworks for application development. It is one of the foremost popular frameworks which is used by many experienced developers. With the Phonegap framework, one can produce stable and feature-rich applications that are completely customizable hybrid applications that function effectively across multiple platforms, and in less time touch broad audiences.
- Supports the development of iOS, Android, Palm, BlackBerry, Symbian and iPad & Single code for all platforms
- Native Functionality.
- It can be extended with native plug-ins & let developers add more functionalities.
- Low entry bar. No investments and specific knowledge needed.
- You can work directly with the API, not waste time on multi-platform validation.
- Suitable for a wide range of desktop and mobile devices.
- Some of the other solutions listed here provide much better results.
- The system could use more widget options.
Framework 7 is used to make the web development process agile. The best thing about Framework 7 is, unlike other hybrid frameworks, it has no external dependency on tools like Angular or React.
- Open Source.
- Lots of UI elements and widgets.
- Powerful performance.
- Use tons of animation.
- Totally free from the license fee.
- It’s independent of any third-party library even for DOM manipulation. Instead, it has its own custom DOM7.
- It’s also be used with Angular and React frameworks.
- Supports faster development via Bower. Convenient to develop iOS and Android apps without learning it.
- It only supports platforms like iOS and Android.
- The online community support for the Framework7 framework is less compared to iOS and Android.
- Average documentation
- Confusion over platform support
- If you don’t like HTML5 markup-based solutions, then this is not a framework for you.
Mobile Angular UI
Mobile Angular UI framework is a good choice for anyone using Bootstrap or AngularJS. It is a full-fledged developer platform, independent from external libraries and extensions.
- This is a totally free extension, and the developer also supplies some of the optional libraries as a bonus.
- Bootstrap’s internal issues often provoke failures.
Unlike many other “chameleon” frameworks, this platform doesn’t really try to adopt a native look. It defends its individuality and, at the same time, works flawlessly in a variety of platform-specific environments. JQuery Mobile is a great choice if you want to create something exceptional instead of sticking to template designs.
- Convenient menus make apps extremely user-friendly.
- This technology is not new and can be called a veteran in the framework market. It has undergone numerous transformations and reached its ideal state, while many new frameworks are only beginning their journey to perfection.
- Developers have to make some small efforts to create a variety of app elements.
- Apps adapt to users’ devices and screen sizes.
- Includes add-on for creating custom themes.
- The use of custom themes may elicit CSS-related problems.
- While the platform is well suited to simple projects, it may not work as well for complex ones.
- Troublesome .NET interaction.
This technology is easily accessible in a public domain and user-friendly. Complete guidance will help you navigate your journey from early stages to the development of complex and interesting projects. You will get basic knowledge and be able to check out examples of phased app creation. Onsen UI is a great platform to sharpen your skills and get to the next level of your profession.
- Independent from jQuery and AngularJS, although the framework can be synced with them.
- High usability.
- The advanced feature enables you to automatically create different app elements based on high-quality and non-trivial templates.
- Templates from this platform are not published on GitHub and other repositories.
- Much effort is required to customize standard templates.
This engine is a good choice if you want to add bright and engaging graphics to your apps, which is often the case for the gaming industry. The framework will scale images for various screens so that your products will always have the right look. With Corona SDK, commercial software providers can count on the rapid monetization of their applications.
- When changes are made to the system, a developer instantly sees the results.
- Thanks to a convenient simulator equipped with all the necessary features, you can quickly set up your working environment.
- Well-thought-out API.
- Detailed guidelines that help you quickly master all the elements of the framework.
- Stable and prompt operation.
- Poor compatibility with external libraries.
- The key elements of the platform are written in Lua, which is unknown to many developers.
- Only a small part of the code suits multiple operational systems. The bulk must be written in several copies.
As you can see, the framework market provides a number of worthy options. To make the right choice, you should observe your needs, design an image of your final product, and choose the most appropriate technology stack.
Whenever you select a hybrid mobile app framework, you have to pay special concern to your target & ask the question to yourself – what does one want from your application. You must be assured that you are choosing the appropriate hybrid mobile app framework for your needs.
According to the current trend (2020), we shall suggest going with a react-native framework because it is suitable and easy for the development and maintenance of smaller to enterprise-level projects.
If you have any queries/concerns regarding the hybrid mobile app framework, feel free to contact us for expert advice.